The following guide shows How to Watch Local Channels on Firestick without cable for free.
This includes the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, NVIDIA Shield, Chromecast, Roku, Android TV boxes, tablets, phones, and any IPTV Box.
There are four main ways to stream local channels:
With cable and satellite companies starting to drop local channels from their expensive packages, many are looking for more ways to stream local channels.
Yes, streaming local channels without a cable subscription is 100% possible on any internet-connected device.
How to Watch Local Channels on Firestick (Video Guide)
For those unfamiliar with IPTV services, IPTV stands for “Internet protocol television.” In other words – live television through the Internet.
Whether it’s your local NBC, ABC, FOX, or other affiliates, this guide provides plenty of free options for watching local programming.
NOTE: While some free applications work well for viewing local channels, they are not always reliable. Often, streams are only in SD quality and can annoy users with ads and buffering.
If you want higher quality Live TV, reliable playback, better channel offerings, and more, a popular option is an inexpensive IPTV service.
IMPORTANT: If you are located outside of the United States or other compatible regions, using a VPN is required to access local programming.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: IPTV WIRE does not own or operate any IPTV service or streaming application. We do not host or distribute any applications. We do not verify whether IPTV services or app developers carry the proper licensing. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any device, app, addon, or service mentioned on our Website.
For 100% legal IPTV service, IPTV WIRE recommends Vidgo.
How to Watch Local Channels on Firestick (Apps and Websites)
Below is a list of the best apps for streaming local channels on Firestick without cable.
We will continue to update this guide as more solutions become available.
The DaddyHD website is a free streaming option that is an excellent alternative to cable and other live TV applications.
The TV App
The TV App is a newer option for streaming local channels online without cable. This site provides over 100 live channels in various categories.
One of the best parts about The TV App is that no registration is required to use this site!
Streamfare has recently hit the streaming scene and is already becoming a hit.
This free option provides dozens of live news channels that can be easily streamed from any device.
Vidgo tops our list for local options for several reasons. This excellent IPTV service carries all of the major news and sports channels including NFL Redzone, ESPN, Fox Sports, Bein Sports, SEC Network, and more!
The VUit app is one of the best options for local programming with over 100 news stations covering weather, news, sports, and more.
Local Now is another solid option for streaming local weather, news, and even some on-demand movies.
Puffer TV is created and operated by Stanford University for streaming free local television online.
NewsON is a free app catering to those wanting free local programming for weather and news.
The Amazon News App is exclusive to Fire TV devices and a recent addition that came along with the new Fire TV user interface.
USA TV & Radio
USA TV & Radio is a free live TV app that provides hundreds of live channels for viewing on any device.
Haystack News is the revamped version of Haystack TV that offers free local programming from hundreds of cities.
The Weather Channel finishes our list of free streaming apps to get local channels.
If you are looking for the best ways to stream local channels on Firestick, give these apps a try today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you Stream Local Channels for Free Without Cable?
Yes, there are several ways to stream local channels for free without cable. This is through free streaming apps, legal IPTV providers, and TV antennas.
Can I get local channels on FireStick?
Yes, you can get local channels on FireStick. There are a few different ways to do this, including:
- Using a digital antenna: This is the most common way to get local channels on FireStick. Simply connect an antenna to your FireStick and scan for channels. You should be able to find all of the major networks, such as ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.
- Subscribing to a live TV streaming service: Several live TV streaming services offer local channels, such as Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, and YouTube TV. These services typically cost around $40 per month, but they offer a wider variety of channels than you can get with an antenna.
- Using a standalone network app: Some networks, such as ABC and CBS, offer their standalone apps that you can use to watch live TV on FireStick. These apps are usually free to download, but they may require a subscription to watch some content.
How do I get local channels on FireStick with an antenna?
To get local channels on FireStick with an antenna, you will need the following:
- A digital antenna: You can find digital antennas at most electronics stores.
- A coaxial cable: This is the cable that will connect your antenna to your FireStick.
- A FireStick: You can find FireSticks at Amazon and other retailers.
Once you have all of the necessary equipment, follow these steps to get local channels on FireStick with an antenna:
- Connect the antenna to your coaxial cable.
- Connect the coaxial cable to your FireStick.
- On your FireStick, go to the Settings menu.
- Select Device.
- Select Network.
- Select Scan for channels.
- Your FireStick will scan for channels.
- Once the scan is complete, you should see a list of local channels.
Which live TV streaming services offer local channels?
The following live TV streaming services offer local channels:
- Hulu Live TV
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
- AT&T TV
- DirecTV Stream
These services typically cost around $40 per month, but they offer a wider variety of channels than you can get with an antenna.
How do I change the local channels on my FireStick?
To change the local channels on your FireStick, you will need to use FireStick’s channel guide. The channel guide is the list of channels that you can watch on your FireStick.
To open the channel guide, press the Guide button on your FireStick remote.
Once the channel guide is open, you can use the Up and Down arrows on your remote to scroll through the channels.
To change the local channels, you can use the Rescan button.
The Rescan button will scan for new channels and update the channel guide.
What are the best free apps for watching local channels on FireStick?
There are a few free apps that you can use to watch local channels on FireStick. These apps include:
- NewsOn: This app streams local news channels from over 200 markets.
- Tubi: This app offers live streaming of local news channels from the top 25 markets in the United States.
- WeatherNation: This app offers live streaming of local weather channels from over 200 markets.